An annual MOT Test is a requirement for all cars over 3 years old.*
* this period varies for some other vehicle types
The test ensures that your vehicle meets the minimum safety & emissions standards required by law keeping your vehicle safe and environmentally friendly to drive.
It is important to remember that the MOT test is not a substitute for a proper vehicle service the test just represents a snapshot of your vehicle’s condition on the day of the test, and is no guarantee that you won’t encounter issues in the future. To ensure your own peace of mind, it’s a good idea to get your vehicle serviced regularly alongside the annual MOT test.
Darnley Garage Ltd are an authorised DVSA testing station, so our specialist MOT technicians can carry out a comprehensive vehicle check to ensure that it meets the recommended safety standards.
You can check your vehicle's MOT status for free on the Gov.uk website - all you need is the vehicle's make and registration.
What do we check?*
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension - general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers.
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
- lamps, rear fog.
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
* This list is not exhaustive
Book an MOT Online